We are hiring for the summer 2020 season. Our preference would be to hire AMGA discipline certified guides, but we will be offering training and mentorship for guides working on their credentials. We are primarily looking for full-time guides with availability during our peak season from May 29-September 7. We can provide a diversity of work in the rock and alpine environment with some ski work extending into the early summer season including ski descents of Mt. Adams, Baker, and Glacier Peak. Alpine work will require time on Mt. Baker with significant opportunities to climb a wide variety of other PNW classics along with rock work.
- Very competitive wages.
- Compensation for driving your personal vehicle.
- A diverse schedule.
- AMGA educational money for guides that work full-time.
- Free pre-season training led by AMGA IP member Olivia Race and others for new guides.
- Mentorship with IFMGA and AMGA certified guides.
- Guide Uniform
- AMGA certification is not required, but we do follow AMGA SOP, so level of training and certifcation will determine what you can work. We need guides to work both rock and alpine.
- Current WFR & CPR cards.
- Previous guiding experience.
If interested, please send guiding resume, climbing resume, and references to email@example.com. We will be looking through the applications and will contact you regarding employment. Give us a call and we are happy to share details such as wages, schedule, etc. with you. We have a very extensive permit network in the PNW. For IFMGA guides willing to guide in the summer, there are excellent opportunities for work in Europe through Northwest Mountain School.