Red Rocks Women's Climbing Seminar
We are very excited to have received one of a very limited number of 2018 climbing permits for guiding in the Red Rocks Canyon National Conservation Area, located just outside Las Vegas, NV. Olivia received her AMGA Rock Guide certifications at Red Rocks, and is very familiar with the mind blowing opportunities for sport climbing, trad climbing, and multi-pitch climbing available at Red Rocks. She will be hiring additional female guides to assist her for this program.
This year's program will be structured as 2 separate 2-day programs, the first session focusing on clinic style training at cragging venue and the second focused primarily on multi-pitch climbing. If you don't feel quite ready for the multi-pitch session take both and use the first session to hone your skill set. Alternately either section can be taken by itself, giving you the chance for a quick 2-day trip to Vegas to sample some of the excellent fall climbing.
Red Rocks is very unique for a sandstone climbing area because the rock is very highly featured and remarkable strong for sandstone. This creates long, moderate climbs with a plethora of holds and gives you the opportunity to climb some walls that would be very difficult in other areas of a similar size.
Located just on the edge of Las Vegas, Red Rocks might be the only place in the US where you can climb a long route each day and spend the evenings in the comfort of a posh hotel while enjoying some of the best dining in the United States. Our permit is valid for just this one year, so don't miss the opportunity to join us for this rare all women's program in Red Rocks
Day 1 (Crag Session): Group will meet at 8 am and head to a sport climbing area for cragging and clinics focused on climbing technique and all the technical systems needed for sport climbing including the current thinking on belaying, anchor construction and threading, both sport and trad climbing. This takes place at a sport crag.
Day 2 (Crag Session): This builds on the day before, but takes place at a trad crag and is more focused on multi-pitch efficiency, lays out how to make quick transitions on a multi-pitch route, and goes over systems for descending such as pre-rigged rappelling, and gear placement and removal.
Day 3 (Multi-Pitch): For the second session we drop the ratio to 2:1 and groups head out for one of Red Rock's classic multi-pitch moderates.
Day 4 (Multi-Pitch): Day 2 of the second session will again be run at a 2:1 ratio and will focus on climbing a second multi-pitch route.
Red Rocks Women's Climbing Seminar - Moderate Routes*note, these route lists are not complete, they just give you an idea of the range of options available at a spot as immense as Red Rocks.
- Solar Slab Gulley (5.3 - 5P) - Oak Creek Canyon
- Cat in the hat (5.6 - 5P) - Pine Creek Canyon
- Solar Slab (5.6 - 9P) - Oak Creek Canyon
- Johnny Vegas (5.7 - 4P) - Oak Creek Canyon
- Olive Oil (5.7 - 7P) - Juniper Canyon
- Geronimo (5.7 - 5P) - Juniper Canyon
- Tunnel Vision (5.7 - 6P) Angel Food Wall
- Group Therapy (5.7 - 6P) Angel Food Wall
Red Rocks Women's Climbing Seminar - Advanced Routes
- The Great Red Book (5.8 - 2P) Calico Hills
- Dark Shadows (5.8 - 4P) - Pine Creek Canyon
- Varnishing Point (5.8+ - 2P) - Pine Creek Canyon
- Community Pillar (5.9 - 7P) - Pine Creek Canyon
- Crimson Crysalis (5.8 - 9P) - Juniper Canyon
- Ginger Cracks (5.9 - 7P) - Juniper Canyon
- Beulah's Book (5.9- - 4P) - Oak Creek Canyon
- Black Orpheus (5.10a - 11P) Black Orpheus Wall
- Frogland (5.8 - 6P) Black Velvet Canyon
- Dream of Wild Turkeys (5.10a - 11P) - Black Velvet Canyon
Red Rocks Women's Climbing Seminar - Difficult Routes
- Epinephrine (5.9 - 18P)
- Sour Mash (5.10a - 7P) - Black Velvet Canyon
- The Gobbler (5.10a - 3P) - Black Velvet Canyon
- Y2K (5.10b - 4P) Pine Creek Canyon
Red Rocks Women's Climbing Seminar - Single Pitch Sport Areas
The Gallery - Second Pullout
- Sport Climbing in Neither (5.8)
- Buck's Muscle World (5.9)
- Gelatin Pooch (5.10a)
- Pump first, pay later (5.10b)
- Running Amuck (5.10c)
- Range of Motion (5.10d)
- Gridlock (5.11b)
Magic Bus - Second Pullout
- Neon Sunset (5.8)
- Blonde Dwarf (5.9)
- Electric Koolaid (5.9)
Single Pitch Trad Areas - Red Rocks Women's Climbing Seminar
Ragged Edges Area - Willow Spring
- Tonto (5.5)
- Ragged Edges (5.8)
- Black Track (5.9)
- Left Out (5.10d)
Brass Wall - Pine Creek Canyon
- Heavy Spider Karma (5.6)
- Sniveler (5.6)
- Topless Twins (5.9)
- Straight Shooter (5.9+)
Alcohol Wall - First Creek Canyon
- Romper Room (5.7)
- Doobie Dance (5.6)